In our last article, we talked about some of the dangers of low potassium in your body, we offered a list of potassium rich foods and supplements that you can take. In this article we will provide you with some delicious recipes that are easy to make and will help in getting your potassium levels up naturally. While you may still need supplements, these mouth watering recipes will help keep those levels up.
First though – what are some of the advantages of having healthy levels of potassium in your body?
An Infographic by the team at AlgaeCal
Here are several of the most delicious, potassium packed recipes – they are all organic sources of potassium. Something for every day of the week, with tastes and textures that you will not get tired of. You can find all of these recipes (and more) by visiting the EatingWell site.
Southwestern Salmon Cobb Salad
Here’s a healthy twist on a classic Cobb salad recipe: we skip the bacon, getting smoky flavor from chipotle peppers instead, and add salmon for a power-protein kick. Look for small cans of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with Mexican foods at large supermarkets.
Loaded Spinach Salad
many spinach salads, this one features lots of chopped-up hard-boiled egg. But since most of the calories in an egg are in the yolk, this recipe uses just two whole eggs, plus the whites from six additional eggs, for a satisfying spinach salad that keeps the calories in check.
Asparagus and Ham Stuffed Potatoes
Asparagus adds a touch of spring to this overstuffed ham-and-cheese twice-baked potatoes recipe. Use another vegetable, such as broccoli, if you prefer.
White Bean Soup
A simple, rich stew of white beans. Serve with Mediterranean Tuna Panini.
Fennel-Crusted Salmon on White Beans
Delicious warm white beans and fennel are topped with succulent fennel-seed-crusted salmon for a double hit of flavor. For an extra-fresh look, set aside some additional chopped fennel fronds to use as a garnish.
Curried Lentil Stuffed Squash
In this stuffed squash recipe, a spicy red lentil curry stew fills acorn squash. If you find them at your market use tasty jarred piquillo peppers in this.
Garlic Roasted Salmon & Brussels Sprouts
Wine and fresh oregano, is simple enough for a weeknight meal yet sophisticated enough to serve to company. Serve with whole-wheat couscous.
Other recipes include…
- Tuna, Artichoke and Basic Stuffed Potatoes
- Creamy Garlic Pasta with Shrimp and Vegetables
- Pork, White Bean and Kale Soup
- Bean and Salmon Salad with Anchovy-Arugula Dressing
- Scallion-Dill Potato Salad
- Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Chard and White Beans
- Romaine Salad with Chicken, Apricots and Mint
- Southwestern Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Salmon and Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Dried Apricots and Baby Spinach
- Black Bean Smothered Sweet Potatoes
- Lamb and White Bean Chili
- Good Green Tea Smoothie
- Bean and Barley Soup
- Orange Sesame Shrimp Salad
- Southwestern Salad with Black Beans
- Delicata Squash and Tofu Curry
- Southwestern Vegetable and Chicken Soup
- Vegetarian Quinoa and Squash Casserole
Want to read more about potassium and why your body needs it? Read this article on MedlinePlus.